Book this workshop for your food service, restaurant and retail team today – Customization available!
Who should attend:
- Restaurant operators
- Hotels and resorts
- Hospital gift shops
- Tea and coffee shops
- Gourmet shops
- Gift shops
- Candy stores
- Retailers and vendors
In this hands-on workshop, Diane Chiasson, FCSI, President of Chiasson Consultants, will share her secret techniques on creating profitable and marketable gift baskets that will help your restaurant, foodservice or retail operation earn more money and gain more business. Diane has over 30 years of experience in the restaurant and retail industry. She has designed, developed and sold thousands of gift baskets for all types of holidays and occasions. She was also hired by several major brands to design and develop gift basket programs.
Become a Certified Professional Gift Basket Designer - PGBD
Diane will show you how to structure, design and build money-making gift baskets for your operation, as well as tell you the best places to acquire wholesale supplies. She will also teach you how to market and sell your gift baskets.
Diane will show you the necessary steps to selecting profitable retail products and how to find the right promotional items for your operation, help you with critical issues such as how to get quality merchandise that best represents your brand, as well as which products will grab the most attention from your customers.
She will show you how to tackle these issues yourself without the assistance of outside promotional companies, and how to decide the right theme for your company. Using a wide variety of Diane’s own food and non-food products, you will have the opportunity to learn and assemble your own gift baskets, and receive guidance and assistance from Diane, as well as an in-depth critique of your sample basket.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Create high-perceived value gift baskets made with low-cost items
- Identify the best targets to sell your gift baskets
- Create a viable gift basket calendar for every holiday and occasion
- Promote your baskets, with focus on the holiday seasons and special events
- Choose the perfect container, gift-wrap, ribbons, cards, etc.
- Source the right products to put in each gift basket for each occasion
- Secure all the products in place for maximum visual appeal
- Select and build themes and add enhancements
- Enhance designs on a shoe-string budget
- Wrap your baskets properly, and make “WOW”-inducing bows and tags
- Design and package your baskets creatively with lots of eye-appeal
- Determine how much inventory to purchase
- Set proper gift basket prices to maximize your profits
- Market your baskets to different corporations, communities, charity events, etc.
- Merchandise and display your gift baskets with excitement
- Beat the competition with the latest design, colour and style trends
Upon completion of our workshop you will receive a personalized certificate. You can use this certificate to further your expertise in your professional career, or use it in your portfolio or on your website.
Get even more from your learning experience with our Retail Study Tour!
Smart restaurant and retail operators watch the competition! One of the best ways to learn about your industry is to take a look around you. Add a Restaurant and Food Retail Study Tour to one of your workshop packages. Diane will guide you through Toronto’s most interesting independent restaurants, food markets, boutique hotels, supermarkets and fine gourmet food stores, as well as other unique and exclusive food and retail operations. In just a single day, you will gain useful knowledge from the latest restaurant and retail trends and concepts.
As a special offer, you can add this Retail Study Tour to your 2-day workshop for an additional price of $399/person, or add it to your 1-day workshop for an additional $499/person. The cost to attend the Retail Study Tour alone is $599/person. For more information, please visit our Restaurant and Food and Retail Study Tours page.
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for the fantastic food and customer service program you have introduced at Halton Healthcare Services, Oakville site."
Food Services Department Head
Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital