CALL US NOW!
We will evaluate your operation and deliver tailored solutions. In just one day, you'll get immediate answers to your questions, and find immediate solutions to your problems. You will understand what's working and what's not in your operation, and learn several creative ideas and strategies on how to improve your business right away. You will also understand your customers' psychological reactions to colours, textures and lighting. Our assessment program offers the most "bang for your buck."
Interior Design Assessment
Our Assessment Programs are essential for owners and operators who are either in the planning stages of their business, and would like to get advice on their turnover, their profitability, services and marketing, and also for those who are looking for quick answers and solutions to their problems.
Food Presentation Assessment
Diane Chiasson, FCSI, President, can set you up with several ideas, strategies and advice before you commit to anything. Our assessments are designed to set you on the most profitable and successful track, and ensure you don't waste thousands of dollars on costly and useless construction, renovations and other mistakes.
Branding and Packaging Assessment
6 Critical Areas to Assess
These are 6 critical key areas that should be evaluated in your operation:
OUR 3-DAY ASSESSMENT PROGRAM CONSISTS OF:
2-Day In-House Evaluation
Prior to my onsite visit, it will take two days for my team and I to first review and assess all the information below:
Photos of your back-and front-of-house restaurant and the exterior
In-house brand identity and tagline slogans
Menus – regular menus, grab & go/take-out menu, delivery menu
Recipe mapping and food/retail product lists
Food/beverage and labour costs
System and procedure information
Training manual and staff training information
Marketing, promotion and advertising information
Website and social media information
Wish list for your future growth, renovation and/or expansion
1-Day Onsite Assessment Program
Our assessment program involves an interactive meeting between Diane Chiasson and your team. She will meet you onsite and take a walking tour of your facility, look at your existing set up, and make an in-depth review of the current state of your operation. During the tour, Diane will evaluate your:
- Front- and back-of-the-house restaurant/retail operation and the exterior
- Review of your location and an analysis of your competition
- Discuss your concept, brand identity, and tagline slogans
- Recommendation on how to improve the logistics of your line flow, speed of service, queuing time, and overall Guest Experience
- Review of your ordering and POS system
- Revision and discussion of your current menu, grab & go/to-go menu, and delivery menu
- Advice on menu development and engineering including copywriting and design
- Recommendations for new menu items and suggestions for recipe ideas
- A full review and analysis of your interior design, décor and layout
- Simple and affordable recommendations on how to optimize your space
- Discuss easy and simple steps for immediate improvement and efficiency
- Discuss foodservice/retail opportunities to immediately increase revenue
- Recommendations regarding merchandising and cross-merchandising options and opportunities
- Ideas for eye-catching visual presentation and merchandising displays
- Suggestions for additional retail merchandising products to increase profits
- Review and assessment of your lighting system (lighting can make or break your operation)
- Assessment of your graphics, point-of-sale materials (POP), and inside/outside signage program
- Review of your labeling and packaging
- Recommendations on some home-meal solution programs to increase your sales
- Review and assess the effectiveness of your service style
- Review and assess the effectiveness of your management style
- Analysis and recommendations of your marketing, promotional, and advertising plans/campaigns
- Information on current successful marketplace trends and recommendations on how they may be applied to your particular needs
- Discussion on appropriate system and procedure operations
- Review of your training manuals and assess your customer service training program
- Advice on how to hire and train staff properly
- Discuss how to get more customers to come to your operation, with the ultimate goal of increasing sales right away
Final Steps: From Assessment to Action
When we have gathered and analyzed all the information, you will now have a quantifiable picture of what to do and what you need to improve. But your assessment isn’t over. The final step—the action plan—is what will make your assessment yield meaningful results. In creating your future plan, focus on areas that will yield the greatest benefit. Before you write a long list of changes that will leave your team feeling overwhelmed, remember that the 80/20 Law usually works. Where can you get the biggest improvements from the smallest number of changes?
Finally, write your action plan so that it provides for continual improvements over time. It should include:
- Detailed actions steps
- Assignment of accountability
- Expected completion dates
Manageable changes introduced gradually will be more effective and more readily accepted by your workforce than one massive overhaul. Gradual change helps make continual improvement a part of your corporate culture. Make sure any plans you develop include clear action steps, accountabilities, and timelines.
And don’t assume that one operational assessment is enough. Comprehensive assessments should be conducted on an ongoing basis to stay in touch with customer needs, accommodate your company’s growth, keep pace with your competition’s improvements—and to keep up with whatever promises your marketing department is dreaming up right now.
If you’d like an expert assessment of your business to identify ways to reduce costs and improve productivity, we are here to help. Click on the link below to request a Free Telephone Consultation where we can explore your questions and situation.
Please email us at email@example.com for an assessment quote.
Montreal Airport - Second Cup
Remote Consulting Services
We now help our clients collaborate via our video conferencing solutions, and we can bring your meetings to life and conduct face-to-face online meetings, facilitate team collaboration, and share documents. These are less expensive and are excellent ways to participate in a remote session, and be able to access our consulting services you need from anywhere in the world. The advantages of video conferencing will drastically save on travel and lodging expenses, and interact in real time with your team.
Don’t let your geographic location deter you from accessing the expertise you need for success.
Take advantage of our photorealistic computer-aided design concept
This is an added feature you can add to your assessment. This is ideal if you are planning a renovation, store improvement, or building a new operation. We will create a realistic concept development with our computer-aided program. This will give you a clear understanding of the plan and all the important details. This is available alone, without an assessment program, or as part of a combined program.
To find out about our consulting services, please feel free to call us at 416-926-1338 or our toll-free line at 1-888-926-6655, or fax us at 416-921-6994 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, requests or suggestions.
You can also check out our List of Consulting Services to see what other services we offer.
Diane Chiasson is also available for Training, Coaching, Speaking and Telephone Consultations.
To read our letters of reference, click here.