Get our restaurant, foodservice and retail assessment program to evaluate your operation, analyze your business needs, and lead you to great success.
Chiasson Consultants is a restaurant and retail consulting firm that specializes in helping small operators, independent and franchise restaurant and retail operations build brand identity and customer loyalty, increase profits and sales, and achieve greater success.
“Remember, if you can’t measure something,
it is difficult—if not impossible—to improve it.”
Our 3-day Assessment Program is one of our most popular and best value services we offer. Everyone can benefit with a fresh set of eyes, and an assessment will certainly lead you to greater success. We will meet at your facility and conduct a thorough site visit to understand the productivity and service levels of your operation, and to discuss your goals, needs, and challenges.
We will evaluate your operation and deliver tailored solutions. In just one day, you'll get immediate answers to your questions, and find immediate solutions to your problems. You will understand what's working and what's not in your operation, and learn several creative ideas and strategies on how to improve your business right away. You will also understand your customers' psychological reactions to colours, textures and lighting. Our assessment program offers the most "bang for your buck."
Food Presentation Assessment
Our Assessment Programs are essential for owners and operators who are either in the planning stages of their business, and would like to get advice on their turnover, their profitability, services and marketing, and also for those who are looking for quick answers and solutions to their problems. Diane Chiasson, FCSI, President, can set you up with several ideas, strategies and advice before you commit to anything. Our assessments are designed to set you on the most profitable and successful track, and ensure you don't waste thousands of dollars on costly and useless construction, renovations and other mistakes.
Branding and Packaging Assessment
Information Needed Prior to an Assessment Program
Prior to my onsite visit, it will take two days for my team and I to first review and assess all the information below:
Photos of your back- and front-of-house restaurant and exterior
In-house brand identity and tagline slogans
Menus – regular menus, grab & go/take-out menu, delivery menu
Recipe mapping and food/retail product lists
Food/beverage and labour costs
System and procedure information
System and procedure informationTraining manual and staff training information
Marketing, promotion and advertising information and campaign
Website and social media information
Wish list for your future growth, renovation and/or expansion
Our Assessment Program
Our assessment program involves an interactive meeting between Diane Chiasson and your team. She will meet you onsite and take a walking tour of your facility, look at your existing set up, and make an in-depth review of the current state of your operation. During the tour, Diane will evaluate your:
- Front- and back-of-the-house restaurant/retail operation
- Review of your location and an analysis of your competition
- Recommendation on how to improve the logistics of your line flow, speed of service, queuing time, and overall Guest Experience
- Review of your ordering and POS system
- Discuss your concept, brand identity, and tagline slogans
- Revision and discussion of your current menu, grab &go/to-go menu, and delivery menu
- Advice on menu development and engineering including copywriting and design
- Recommendations for new menu items and suggestions for recipe ideas
- A full review and analysis of your interior design, décor and layout
- Simple and affordable recommendations on how to optimize your space
- Discuss easy and simple steps for immediate improvement and efficiency
- Discuss foodservice/retail opportunities to immediately increase revenue
- Recommendations regarding merchandising and cross-merchandising options and opportunities
- Ideas for eye-catching visual presentation and merchandising displays
- Suggestions for additional retail merchandising ideas to increase profits
- Review and assessment of your lighting (lighting can make or break your operation)
- Assessment of your graphics, point-of-sales materials (POP), and inside/outside signage program
- Review of your labeling and packaging
- Recommendations on some home-meal solution programs to increase your sales
- Review and assess the effectiveness of your service style
- Review and assess the effectiveness of your management style
- Analysis and recommendations of your marketing, promotional, and advertising plans/campaigns
- Information on current successful marketplace trends and recommendations on how they may be applied to your particular needs
- Discussion on appropriate system and procedure operations
- Review of your training manuals and assess your customer service training program
- Advice on how to hire and train staff properly
- Discuss how to get more customers to come to your operation, with the ultimate goal of increasing sales right away
Cost for a full-day or half-day assessment is priced individually according to your needs and schedule. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Montreal Airport - Second Cup
Take advantage of our photorealistic computer-aided design concept
This is an added feature you can add to your full-day or a half-day assessment. This is ideal if you are planning a renovation, store improvement, or building a new operation. We will create a realistic concept development with our computer-aided program. This will give you a clear understanding of the plan and all the important details. This is available alone, without an assessment program, or as part of a combined program.
To find out about booking a full-day or half-day assessment, please feel free to call us at 416-926-1338 or our toll-free line at 1-888-926-6655, or fax us at 416-921-6994 or email us at email@example.com with any questions, requests or suggestions.
You can also check out our List of Consulting Services to see what other services we offer.
Diane Chiasson is also available for Training, Coaching, Speaking and Telephone Consultations.
To read our letters of reference, click here.